Morning Glory VIne

Morning Glory VIne

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Squash Blossoms

Another way to manage the growth of your zucchini is to "nip them in the bud," literally.... By that I mean, if you pick baby zukes while their blossoms are still intact, you reduce the number of full-grown zucchini AND get to enjoy a wonderful treat. The preparation for this recipe requires a little time and tenderness, but its presentation can be dramatic, not to mention taste delicious. What better way to impress your guests than with your own Fiori di Zucchini...

1


1. Here are my baby zukes with blossoms, fresh from the garden.
2. Gently wash the blossoms and remove the pistil from the flower center.
3. I used goat cheese, blue cheese, and garden-fresh chives and basil for my filling.
4. Gently spoon filling (about 1T) into blossom.
5. Close and seal by twisting tips of blossom.
6. Place each blossom in light batter of flour and soda water.
7. Heat olive oil in pan, add blossoms & cook just until cheese begins to melt. Serve immediately.

I served my fried squash blossoms (at back) with linguine & chicken, topped with sauteed zucchini ribbons and a dallup of my homemade zucchini/basil pesto...yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment