Morning Glory VIne

Morning Glory VIne

Monday, August 22, 2011

In the Works

Okay, what the heck is this, you ask? Go ahead, take a guess!
Here's the story...
My last day in Paris (January 2010), I went to the Montmarte [I have lots of stories from that trip, but I'll stick with this one for now] to look for Gene Kelly or some other American in Paris. After walking all morning in the freezing cold & wind, I selected an Italian pizzeria for lunch—I was starved! The familiar smell of fresh-baked pizza and rich chianti drew me inside. Hours walking in the cold will take it out o' ya. It felt good to sit down, but more than anything...I needed to go pee! "Où est les toilettes?" I ask. "En haut," the waiter responded. So up the narrow staircase to the ladies room I go.
While "taking my rest," I gazed at this lovely palette of color. Great combination...don't you think? Only the French could make paint samples and a building sketch so beautiful! Notice the pencil drawing at top...the plan for the room's final design. The swatches of color are paint samples. Even though the room was under construction (the plumbing worked just fine, BTW), it was still lavish in color and adornment. Obviously I was impressed enough to take this photo!
 Have you ever been inspired by someone's bathroom? If so, what's your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment